CXC Academy is an online subscription service that provides professional training plans for cross country skiers of all ages and skill levels. Whether you are a beginner skier looking to finish your first 5K, a Master skier training for a big ski event, or simply looking to improve your overall strength and fitness, we have a training program to meet your goals.
Regardless of the skiing background, everyone can make use of CXC Academy. Skiers or ski coaches, new to advanced - our program can help you develop better skiing technique, improve skiing fitness, design ski workouts and skiing practices.
With CXC Academy Membership You're Able To:
- Download detailed workouts with instructions for implementation for every week of the month.
- Access a video library of instructional videos on ski technique, training tips, waxing, equipment demonstrations and much more.
- Access a library of exercise videos specifically designed to help keep your strength training workouts fresh.
- Make a training plan switch, - if required due to work or other conflicts.
- All training plans and videos are delivered online exclusively. To help you stay focused, we send monthly emails with overviews of what's to come.
- Receive 24/7 e-mail support. We like to think of CXC Academy as an outlet for any questions and advice. We’re happy to brainstorm with you, and ask the professionals we work with to find something that works for you.
Our Training Advisory Panel
Training plans and materials have been designed and developed in cooperation with the following proffesionals...
Igor is a former Soviet/Russia cross country skier who competed from 1989 to 1997. He won a bronze medal in the 4 x 10 km relay at the 1993 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Falun and earned his best individual finishes of 5th twice at the world championships (1989: 50 km, 1993: 30 km). Badamachin's best individual finish at the Winter Olympics was 14th at the 50 km event in 1994. His best finish was 2nd place three times, earning it once in 1989 and twice in 1996.
Bryan is CXC Elite Team's high performance advisor and current U.S. Ski Team Continental Cup coach. Bryan has led many athletes to the top results at National and International levels and was awarded 2007 United States Ski and Snowboard Association Cross Country Domestic and Development Coach of the Year.
Yuriy Gusev is the Athletic Director for CXC and founder of CXC Team, CXC Junior Program and CXC Masters Team. Yuriy has been coaching and organizing camps for athletes at all levels and of all age groups for the last 10 years.
What Our Members Are Saying:
The snow here has melted in a flash, so my ski season is over. Reviewing the past season I would like to let you know what you have wrought! I appreciate your advice, program planning and peaking for races. I do hope CXC academy continues next season. Thanks for a good year!
– MICHAEL BUSS • Edmonton, AB
Since training with CXC Academy I feel much fitter and no injury/illness at all (not even a cold). Thank you so much for your effort. I am looking forward to the upcoming races.
– HAPE ETZOLD • Andernach, Germany
I feel that our High School team has made some major strides forward. We're a small team in a tough section, yet our results have steadily improved. Besides the results I feel that the training plan is very easy to follow and it stresses skiers the right amount and gives them the rest that they need.
– DAVE JOHNSON • Duluth, MN
Thanks so much for your assistance. I've been following your CXC training
plan for the last 10 months and am really enjoying it. I'm having a great
season, and am definitely skiing faster- so many thanks! :)
– KRISTIN MADSEN • Winnipeg, Canada
While some find weekly workout structure to be the reason to join CXC Academy, I find the videos of dryland strength and mobility to be outstanding. I'll see you in the park doing funny walks. Thanks.
– CHRIS MAGERL • Salt Lake City, UT
I have been using the CXC academy videos and training plans for a little more than two seasons and they have been a great asset in refining my fitness and ski technique.
– JASON SCHISLER • Middleton, WI
I like your intermediate plan and feel I am training smarter this year. Thanks very much your program!
– ERIC PETERSON • Basalt, CO